In which we attempt to make a film opening.

Sunday, 31 January 2010

Research into composing the music

Our film opening is going to carry omens which are like a sinister version of the children's nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. The tune to this nursery rhyme will therefore play an important part in the music, along with the other codes and conventions of film music.

I have found the sheet music to the nursery rhyme:




















The piece is in the key of G major, so to make it sound more sinister I will be converting it into it's relative minor - E minor. This part of the film music will probably be played using some kind of music box/glockenspeil sound, as this makes references back to the childlike nature of the nursery rhyme, but in a more sinister way. I will also be adding in chords to fit with this melody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment